The last third of Ramadan has finally arrived, all praise and thanks is due to God. No matter how good or average the last 20 days have been, we have another chance to make everything better. These are the best nights of the entire year and one of them is better than a 1000 months, so no excuses! Let’s just do what we need to and bring it home!
Here are some tips to do our best:
1. To have an amazing night, you need to have had an amazing day! So be sure to look after the compulsory deeds and stay away from everything forbidden. If you slip, seek forgiveness sincerely and move on!
2. Perform all the confirmed recommended prayers which are attached to the compulsory prayers, and get your daily house in Paradise for doing so.
3. Try your best to pray at least 2 units of the recommended forenoon prayer every morning before midday.
4. Complete your morning Statements of Praise and Glorification of God in full before midday, and complete your evening Statements of Praise and Glorification of God daily before maghrib, so that the prayers are already helping you as soon as the night begins.
5. If you can, take a nap after the mid-day or afternoon daily prescribed ritual act of devotion, as it will help you manage the night with more energy and focus, God willing.
6. Put your phone on flight mode as soon as you can in the evening, and don’t switch it back on except at fajr. This is if you can of course. If your phone must be on, please don’t waste time on social media and focus solely on God.
7. Burn in, don’t burn out! Worship God with quality, and not quantity. If you feel you’re getting tired or losing focus, try another act of worship. All praise and thanks are due to God, that there are so many ways to worship Him, which includes teaching others beneficial knowledge.
8. In your prayers and remembrance, frequently repeat the prayer taught to Aisha by the Messenger Muhammad:
اللهم إنك عفو كريم تحب العفو فاعف عني
‘Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibbul-‘afwa, fa’fu ‘anni
O Allah, You are Forgiving and love forgiveness, so forgive me.”
9. Have faith in the promised rewards for your worship throughout the night, as well as positive hope that God Almighty will grant you better than you dream of in both worlds, including the rewards of the night which is better than 1000 months!
All the best everyone!
Thank you, for sharing some very important things about “Ramadan“.
Walaikum salaam wa rahmantu Allah ma sha Allah barak Allah jazak Allah khayran for daily reminder may Allah bless you your family abd grant us success in this life and the hereafter Allahumma ameen.
Assalamu aleikum Alhamdulillah Subhan Allah Allahu Akbar! Jazakhalla Khair May Allah bless you and all Muslims May we all strive to gain Allah’s love now and after Ramadan