Not All Prayers Are Valid, nor Will They Be Granted
Praying to God and asking Him to grant our needs and wishes is one of the greatest acts of worship. It is a beloved act of worship to God and one that is greatly encouraged in the Quran and by the Messenger Muhammad. However, not all prayers are valid, nor will they necessarily be granted. In this blog, we will explore some of the reasons for this.
There are a number of reasons which may cause prayers to be invalid including:
- Impermissible earnings – wealth which is not attained from pure means or earned by Islamically unlawful means. The subsequent food, drink, and clothing we purchase with such wealth is one reason for our supplications being rejected.
- Making Impermissible Requests or asking for evil and harm to befall oneself or others – praying to God and asking for something which displeases God is something which may be rejected. For example, asking to break our ties of family kinship.
- Sins – disobeying God can at times act like a barrier which prevents our prayers from being answered.
- Being Inattentive – the Messenger Muhammad informed us that God does not accept the prayers that come from a heedless heart.
How Prayers Are Granted
For the Muslim who is trying their best and sincerely prays to God, they will find an answer. However, the response may not necessarily be what they expect. The Messenger Muhammad informed us that God answers our prayers in one of three ways:
- God gives us what we ask for – this means that God accepted our prayers and gave us what we wanted in our lifetime.
- God does not grant us what we ask for, but instead gives us the reward of our supplication in the Hereafter.
- God does not grant our prayer, but instead removes from us an equal harm that would have befallen us, making the prayer a form of protection.
Remember, God is All-Knowing and All-Wise. If God chooses to withhold something from us, it is due to Him knowing that it is not in our best interest. However, the prayers are not lost; the reward of those prayers will be preserved and other harms that we were unaware of will be removed from us.
Therefore, never despair from praying to God as often as you can. When the disciples of the Messenger Muhammad heard the three ways in which God responds to our prayers, they stated that they would pray even more. The Messenger Muhammad replied that God’s bounty will always be more than our prayers.
In other words,are you meaning that how we get something determines our fate, anything that is halal is accepted by God.
So God determines the validity or worthiness of our prayers?
Yes He does. God has sent us guidance and instruction through Scripture and the teachings of His messenger Muhammad with guidelines for valid and worthy prayers.
It really is wonderful we have the opportunity to repent and praise Allah through out the day with our prayers. This is such a blessing from Allah
Mashaa’ Allah, Al Hamdoulilah wal Shoukrolillah
True! allah knows best…what is good for us just to continue obey and what pleases to him what we ask to god not all the time will be granted be patient no matter what…the important is what is good in dunya and akirah and preserved us in jannatul firdaus ameen