The Messenger Muhammad was sent as a mercy to humankind, an example to the believers and a standard-bearer showing God’s Right Path.
We follow his example because his life is the most perfect of lives. God chose the Messenger Muhammad, based on His Knowledge and Wisdom. He selected him over all humans. Thus, we must learn about his blessed life that was guided and decreed by God; perhaps his lifestyle would become a beacon for us. Following are more reasons why we must follow the example of the Messenger Muhammad, may God bless him and grant him protection.
- He was chosen by God to deliver His message and is worthy of being followed.
- Out of obedience to God’s Orders: We should follow the example of the Messenger Muhammad because we were ordered to do so. Allah, the Exalted, Says «There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern, an example, for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and who remembers Allah often.» [33:21]
- The Messenger’s life contained great wisdom: We should follow the Messenger Muhammad, because his life contained great wisdom in all aspects – in matters of faith, manners, guidance, and perseverance in calling towards God and fighting evil.
- Following the Messenger’s example is the condition for achieving success and victory: We will never gain success and victory unless we follow the example of the Messenger Muhammad, his sayings, actions, and manners.
- The Messenger Muhammad served as an example in all situations: As a man, a husband, a brother, a Messenger, a ruler, a leader, God made him an example for us to follow in all circumstances.
- Guidance in Dealing with Others: Learning the Messenger Muhammad’s biography gives us great insight in various aspects of his life, including the way he dealt with different people.
May Allah (SWT ) bless him and increase him in grace and mercy. I hope to live by his example and to teach it unto others who might have interest in following the Light.
May Allah’s mercy be upon Him
May Peace Be Upon Him ,A extraordinary man, the greatest example. Thank you for sharing this.