Every messenger of God sent to his people was given miracles. These miracles were a sign to their people of the truthfulness of the messengers and how they carried God’s message. One of the messengers whose miracles are mentioned by God in the Quran, is the messenger Jesus. God gave Jesus the ability to perform the following miracles:
- Speaking as a baby – God describes this to us in the Quran, “[But] he said: ‘I am a servant of God. He has granted me the Scripture; made me a prophet; made me blessed wherever I may be. He commanded me to pray, to give alms as long as I live, to cherish my mother. He did not make me domineering or graceless. Protection was on me the day I was born, and will be on me the day I die and the day I am raised to life again.’” [19:23-26]
- Making bird shapes out of clay and bringing them to life – “I will make the shape of a bird for you out of clay, then breathe into it and, with God’s permission, it will become a real bird.” [3:49]
- Curing the blind and the leper – “I will heal the blind and the leper…” [3:49]
- Bringing the dead back to life – “…and bring the dead back to life with God’s permission.” [3:49]
- Telling people about their hidden affairs – “I will tell you what you may eat and what you may store up in your houses. There truly is a sign for you in this, if you are believers.” [3:49]
- The revelation of the Gospel – “I have come to confirm the truth of the Torah which preceded me, and to make some things lawful to you which used to be forbidden. I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. Be mindful of God, obey me.” [3:50]
- The heavenly feast – “Jesus, son of Mary, said, ‘Lord, send down to us a feast from heaven so that we can have a festival- the first and last of us- and a sign from You. Provide for us: You are the best provider.’” [5:114]
So jesus is:the son of god born of the virgin mary
No. Jesus is the servant of God and his messenger. He was born of the Virgin Mary.
The wording here seems incorrect and illogical. Perhaps it is an error in translation? For example we are talking about Jesus (pbuh) yet points 2-6 imply that Jesus (pbuh) is speaking yet it says “God says,”
The references are from the Quran which is God’s speech, hence “God says”. However, the quotes are regarding what Jesus said during his life time and capture his words. God is telling us what Jesus really said.
So is Jesus God in human flesh
No Jesus (PBUH) is a human he’s just one of gods messengers.
Did you skip this part of the article?
“One of the messengers whose miracles are mentioned by God in the Quran, is the messenger Jesus. God gave Jesus the ability to perform the following miracles:”
So is jesus god or who is he really in the quran?
No Jesus (PBUH) is a human he’s just one of gods messengers. In the Quran he’s mentioned multiple times as Gods prophet.