God’s divine protection can be sought at any time. However, the following are specific times, places or situations in which you should seek God’s protection with the following phrase/prayer (I seek God’s protection and refuge):
- Before reading the Quran 41:36
- When confronted by Satan’s whispers and temptations to sin – God says, “If a prompting from Satan should stir you, seek refuge with God.” 7:200
- When Satan disturbs you during the daily ritual devotions (Salah) – The Messenger Muhammad informed us that if Satan comes to us during this time, to seek God’s protection
- At times of negative improper anger – The Messenger Muhammad informed us that seeking God’s protection at this time is a means of removing anger.
- When seeing bad dreams – If you see a displeasing nightmare, then you should seek God’s protection from Satan.
- When stopping somewhere in the wildreness or the countryside – The Messenger Muhammad said that whoever says, “I seek protection in God’s perfect words from the evil of what He created,” will not be harmed.
- When entering the restroom
- As part of the morning and evening daily invocations